Hey! Thanks for checking in with our blog today, Monday June 26. This is Madison and Kelsey here, telling you all about it!
Our day started out with a group heading out for an early morning run. Shout out to Konnie Dahmen for helping to start that trend last year! Quint followed in your example and took the lead of the front group this morning.
After devotional and breakfast (Emily Davis is keeping Christopher’s 2016 AK Go team pre-breakfast cheers going strong) we kicked off our first day of day camp. We all loved having the kids who came to day camp today! Day camp started out with a crazy fast paced ice breaker led by Paxton where we were able to learn tons of random facts about the students at camp. We had three skills clubs during camp today: making bracelets, decorating cupcakes, and doing archery! Sadly, we don’t have any pictures to show you today of the skills club, but we will definitely have some another time. We also played an outdoor kick ball game, which was really awesome! Overall, everything today just felt like such a great way to learn more about the other students at camp! Day camp wrapped up by gathering around the campfire where we worshiped God by singing out hearts outs (even if we were a little off key, we all had an amazing time).
Here are a few other random tidbits from our day:
• Emily and Ellie were some awesome photographers today. Anthony showed them how to use his super fancy shmancy camera and they had a blast practicing throughout the day.
• A stepped out of her comfort zone about 50 times in one day, rocked it all and is having a blast!
• Chloe and Makae sang their hearts out for all of camp to hear – it was silly awesomeness
• Jack ate a lemon like it was an orange. We saw him do this last year too, but this time he pulled Hagen into his shenanigans 🙂
• The views were still amazing today and we saw so many ways God was communicating to us with His beauty. We all hope you are also growing your faith in God while we are gone and have a wonderful day 🙂
• Shout out to Emily and Ella – Madison loved the card and crown (see picture), and Kelsey was glad to be reminded of the most important Alaska rules (I’d actually forgotten to pass along those rules… silly me)
• Shout out to Brady just because I can (from Kelsey if that wasn’t obvious)
• Shout out to Craig – thanks for following the blog this week!
• Shout out to all those that comment on the blog – we love the encouragement and it’s a highlight of our campfire every night to know you’re following along!
Happiness And Love,
Everyone from Sutton, Alaska